Conshy's El Limon is a Mexican Hot Spot

El Limon is a real neighborhood gem of Conshohocken.  It is located on the busy Fayette Street and has only been in business for eight months but it is already thriving. Based on the reviews I have heard and the meal that I had there I think it will be around for a while!  You only need about ten dollars to enjoy a full meal and have a great time!

This small authantic mexican resaurant offers affordable classic dishes for eat in, take out or delivery.  Something that makes El Limon special is that it's BYOB so we brought along a bottle of tequilla.  The restaurant gave us a complimentary pitcher of their house margarita mix to enjoy our bottle of Don Julio.  Cheers to a great night! The restaurant is very welcoming and the service is so friendly you feel like you are a guests in their home.  

Entrance of El Limon on Fayette Street in Conshohocken, PA
To start the meal we ordered salsa, guacamole and tortilla chips

Chicken Quesadillas with fresh sides and sour cream

Chicken Fajitas up close
My friend ordred the chicken Fajitas as his main meal and it was a big plateful of grilled chicken, pepers, onlions with lettuce and tomatoes on the side.

Shrimp was the special of the night so I decided to order shrimp enchiladas.  I was not sure what sauce would be best either mole or tomatillo.  Not sure of what would taste best I asked our server what he suggested would be best with shrimp and he said tomole would be.  He steered me in the right direction because it was very tasty. The lime and citrus flavors of the tomatillo sauce went well with the light refreshing taste of the shrimp. 

Shrimp Enchilada with Tomale sauce, rice and re-fried beans on the side

The Shrimp Enchilada was only $8/95 and it was a very large meal.  I coudn't even finish all of it but that might have been because I ordered a starter, Sopes with chicken.  Below is the photo of a sope.  I never heard of it untill I saw their menu but my friend recomeded it because she has ordred it before. Well I will definatly order that again! It was so delecious and it was only $3.  If you order two of them it could be an entire meal.  There are choces of steak, sausage, chicken or pork. I ordred the chicken and I was happy with my dish. I ate it with a fork and knife because it was kind of slopy if you were to bite into it. It can be compaired to an open face hard taco but so much better.

Chicken Sopes - so good, you need to try this one & it's only $3
Chicken taco with flour tortilla and a side of refried beans

Chicken Sopes were defiantly the best value option on the menu that we tried. We had the sopes as an appetizer because they came to the table before our other orders.  I was glad that it did because this was so good! For only $3 you get a very tasty dish of fried corn tortilla, layer of re-fried beans, shredded marinated chicken,topped with  lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.

This was only my first time at El Limon but it will not be my last.  I will be back! If you live in Conshy or near by keep in mind that they also offer take out and delivery(for a min. order of $15).  

Cheers!

Margarita pitcher- almost time for a refill

Salt and lime for the margaritas

Comments

Top Posts